Skillstairway.com takes your privacy seriously. We know you trust us to help with your homework and we want you to know that you can trust us with your personal information.
WHY WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Skillstairway.com Direct is personal, and one-to-one. So, we need to collect some personal information from you to set up your account with us. Here are some of the things we need your personal information to be able to do:
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- External Sites
- Contacting Tutor Record
- Make your tutoring sessions personal by using Cookies
- Store all of your past sessions, so you can review them anytime
- Complete your purchases
- Contact you about your account
- Ask you for your feedback to help make our service better
- Respond to your email requests for information and/or customer service
You trust us with your Personal Information. So, we do everything we can to make sure your information is safe in our systems. Some things we will NOT do are:
- We will not sell your personal information to anyone
- We will not send you newsletters or promotional mail or email if you tell us not to
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual or information that permits an individual to be identified. It does not include business contact information, such as name, title, business address and business telephone number when used for business communications.
HOW WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only collect personal information as required to meet the purposes that we have identified. We do not indiscriminately collect or retain personal information.
Skillstairway.com typically collects personal information that is voluntarily provided by the individual in question. At times, however, personal information is obtained from other sources, such as government bodies or third parties such as employers, references and service providers, as permitted by law. Where the purpose for the collection of personal information is unclear, you can ask the Skillstairway.com representative with whom you are dealing to provide an explanation of the purpose for the data collection.
Our reason for collecting personal information about tutors, students, parents, staff and consultants is to establish and maintain our contractual or other business relationship with that individual.
The purpose for collecting personal information about tutors and students is primarily to facilitate the provision of educational tutoring services online, including to allow students to quickly and easily assess the professional and educational background of tutors, as well as allowing us to communicate effectively with our tutors, students and parents and to maintain mailing lists. We may also use your personal information to:
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about services, offers and promotions and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you for advertisement purpose;
- Manage your account and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
As appropriate, Skillstairway.com will ask for specific consent to collect, use and disclose personal information, including for the purposes of completing or arranging for the completion of background checks and other searches. Such a request, and your consent to such request may be given in writing or orally. In some cases, consent can be implied through an individual relationship or conduct with us, depending on the sensitivity of the information.
DSCI permits Skillstairway.com to disclose personal information to third parties without the affected party’s knowledge or consent to certain parties. Accordingly, we may share personal information about you as follows:
- in response to a request for information from a court, law enforcement agency or other government agency or department if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, or as otherwise required by any applicable law;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another entity
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- with consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, including our legal advisors;
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Personal information supplied to us is confidential and we do not disclose the information to any third party except with actual or implied consent, or as permitted or required by law. We do not exchange or sell personal information.
Skillstairway.com may use third party service providers from time to time to carry out certain functions for us such as printing, storage, shredding or document scanning. Where we use such outside service providers, we require those third parties to protect personal information in the same manner in which we protect it and to not use or disclose it for any purposes except as directed by Skillstairway.com.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We strive to maintain personal information in as accurate, complete and up-to-date a form as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information, regardless of format. Our security safeguards include premises security and restricted access to files containing personal information. Depending upon the information under our control, we also use technological safeguards such as security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access, internal passwords and security policies.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our website or transact business with us, including:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
- Transaction Information: When you engage in a tutoring session, we collect information about the transaction, such as details regarding the type or nature of tutoring being provided and the date and time of the tutoring session.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Within some of the pages on Skillstairway.com we may link to external websites, that is, websites that are not part of Skillstairway.com (third-party websites). Skillstairway.com are not responsible for the content of these external internet sites. We are careful who we link to, but since the sites are out of our control they could contain unsuitable content and may have privacy policies which differ from Skillstairway.com. Please review their policies if you are concerned.
All pages at Skillstairway.com contain a similar logo and menu system, if the site does not contain this layout you have most likely followed a link to an external website.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY